Monsta | carbon reinforced w/ Pastel Yellow & Slate Grey tail tint
- Dimensions: popular dims in drop down options
- Tail Shape: swallow (can be customized in product options area)
- Construction: can be customized
- (pictured as) Proxy epoxy Ridiculite = The unique construction of the “Proxy Ridiculite” series (Ultralightweight reinforced w/ carbon stringer patches) yields a board that self-adjusts its rocker to fit the changing curve of the wave. This ‘suspension system’ creates increased torque and drive leading into, and following out of, maneuvers. This construction is ideally suited to waves slightly overhead & under. The future of surfing is boards with self-adjusting rocker that form-fit to the curve of the wave, making your second, third & forth maneuvers bigger and more powerful; even though the wave may be losing momentum, your board will be gaining speed. Stronger than a standard poly/pu & crazy light. (If you like the idea of Carbon reinforcement on the stringer but don't want Ridiculite or Teamlite, just choose a stronger construction in the drop down options)
- Art: resin tail tint in pastel yellow & slate grey on the bottom of the board wrapping rail w/ cutlaps on deck
- Fins: can be customized
I’ve created a monster….no, a Monsta...
The ‘one board quiver’. The most versatile board for waves two foot to just overhead; mushy or hollow.It has become most surfers' "normal everyday board for all conditions".
The only complaint has become, “I don’t ride any of my other boards anymore!”
Where the Rascal utilized a spiral vee contour running through the fin cluster, I’ve plowed all those guts out of the Monsta and left one deep even concave with subtle inset doubles running through the fins…as well there is also concave running right off the tail block; we call it the ‘exhaust pipe’.
Ride Da Monsta 3-4 inches shorter and 1/2” wider than your standard good waves shortboard.
WAVE PREFERENCES: knee high and mushy to head high and hollow
FIN CONFIGURATION: thruster or five fin option to ride as tri or quad
AVAILABLE TAIL CONFIGURATIONS: wide squash, wide hip-squash, swallowtail, thumbtail
RECOMMENDED RIDER TYPES: I use different rockers for this board depending on the waves in your area:
|the v.1.3||being the most user friendly from novice to expert and working in the widest ranges of wave types and sizes||beginner - advanced|
Blends the low entry under the chest / flip tip of the Pipsqueak with a flatter run through the belly rocker and some extra tail flip off the back fin. Combined with heavy deep single to inset double concave bottom gives this board incredible small wave drive without compromising a nice crisp whippy feel in turns.
|beginner - advanced|
|the v.1||being the flattest and best for mushy small point surf||beginner - advanced|
|the v.2||has a bit more rocker and can handle the demands of hyperactive rippers who can’t stay out of the pocket, or for surfers who’s local spots tend to be small, but can still be small and hollow at the same time i.e. the N.Y./ N.J. beachbreaks, Newport, Huntington, Texas, Japan, etc…small beachbreaky kind of stuff…found all over really…||intermediate - advanced|
|the v.3||a pockety Monsta with the ‘inverted fulcrum’ rocker shift allowing gravity’s laws to be bent … even broken. Invert yourself.||intermediate - advanced|
|the 'HD'||Monsta outline & rails with Hideoscillous rocker & bottom. Ideal for small scale waves; incredible back foot control through on-rail full-speed cutties.||intermediate - advanced|
|combines the Monsta outline & rails with Jetstream hydrofoil-esque concaves to generate smooth controllable speed - a paradigm shift for surfers of all ages, skill sets & abilities.||
beginner - advanced