SuperTyphoon | carbon reinforced w/ Red tail tint
- Dimensions: can be customized in production options area
- Tail Shape: squash, rounded squash, thumbtail, swallowtail
- Construction: can be customized
- (pictured as) Proxy epoxy Ridiculite = The unique construction of the “Proxy Ridiculite” series (Ultralightweight reinforced w/ carbon stringer patches) yields a board that self-adjusts its rocker to fit the changing curve of the wave. This ‘suspension system’ creates increased torque and drive leading into, and following out of, maneuvers. This construction is ideally suited to waves slightly overhead & under. The future of surfing is boards with self-adjusting rocker that form-fit to the curve of the wave, making your second, third & forth maneuvers bigger and more powerful; even though the wave may be losing momentum, your board will be gaining speed. Stronger than a standard poly/pu & crazy light. (If you like the idea of Carbon reinforcement on the stringer but don't want Ridiculite or Teamlite, just choose a stronger construction in the drop down options)
- Artwork: red/crimson tail tint w/ cutlaps t&b
- Fins: can be customized
This has been a long-standing favorite for performance surfing when the waves get good. A perfect trip board. However, this year I’ve tweaked with the rocker a bit to give it that same good waves feel in less than perfect conditions. So, if you want a versatile, super high performance board that does it all; and want to ride it in everything, then this is the one. Check out the pic of Rozsa above. It’s a blaster.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
This is the most high performance shortboard design I’ve developed specifically with good waves in mind….the dream days, like an Indo trip or when the home spot is going off. This board has a lot of rocker throughout with a bit of flip off the tail for going beyond vert, upside down, fins out and backwards. It has a very deep even single concave with inset double running through the fins. There is also a slight concave running right off the tail to release the compressed water out the back. It also features a domier deck for increased paddling to get into waves early; and lower, harder edged rails to bite into the wave face and re-direct quicker through maneuvers.
The Super-Typhoon will hold a rail turn in the most classic sense throwing buckets, yet soar high and controlled while the fins fly.
This is the Lamborghini of the line. For good waves and advanced surfers.
Want this board in it’s most versatile form yet for a wider range of waves? Just ask for the new inverted fulcrum version
…and just what is the inverted fulcrum all about? A shift in the rocker of the board at its center point; the place where it rocks back and forth; the point where it pendulates – I like to call it the spot that generates the speed like a swiveling ball-bearing rhythm slingshotting you down the line. The inverted fulcrum takes an existing curve and creates a little kink or dip just ahead of the center point along the bottom. This shifts all the points on that curve down in the front half and up in the back half…which gives you a feeling like a skateboard always headed on the downslope. Constant steady drive through the dead spots, increased paddling ease, and a quicker, tighter radius arc on the wave face; i.e. Steeper and deeper through maneuvers. I’m finding that the “bumps” and “dips” and seeming irregularities in the rocker curves, if placed in the right spots, actually jibe with the wave better and project your board cross-grain to the natural gravity pull of the wave face…and that’s just where we all wanna be. Quicker, faster, easier. Let gravity work in your favor; invert the paradigm, shift the status quo; the future and the now are poles apart.
FIN CONFIGURATION: thruster
WAVE PREFERENCES: waist high to feet overhead + and good
AVAILABLE TAIL CONFIGURATIONS: squash, rounded squash, thumbtail, swallowtail
RECOMMENDED RIDER TYPES: high intermediate to expert
|5’10" x 18 1/2" x 2 5/16"||24.8L||Rider weight: 145-165 lb / 65-75 kg|
|5'11" x 18 7/8" x 2 7/16" Nick||28L||Rider weight: 155-175 lb / 70-79 kg|
|6’0” x 18 5/8” x 2 5/16"||25.8L||Rider weight: 155-175 lb / 70-79 kg|
|6’1” x 18 5/8” x 2 5/16"||26.2L||Rider weight: 155-180 lb / 70-82 kg|
|6’2” x 18 3/4” x 2 3/8"||27.4L||Rider weight: 165-185 lb / 74-84 kg|
|6’3” x 18 7/8” x 2 7/16"||28.6L||Rider weight: 170-190 lb / 77-86 kg|
|6’4” x 19” x 2 1/2”||29.8L||Rider weight: 175-195 lb / 79-88 kg|
|6’6” x 19 1/4” x 2 9/16"||31.7L||Rider weight: 180-200 lb / 81-91 kg|
|6’8” x 20” x 2 3/4"||35.9L||Rider weight: 190-220 lb / 86-100 kg|
|6'10” x 20 1/2” x 2 7/8”||39.3L||Rider weight: 195-230 lb / 88-104 kg|